Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's been a while

Wow! How could I let two entire weeks go by without writing in this blog!

It is easy really - two weeks of surprise visitors came to town and threw my Monday-Friday hours after work out of whack.

However, I am moving forward with the site and finding out a few things:
  • Simplify - the more I look at other sites, the more I realize that it is indeed ok to have white space on the page and keep focused. So many good things to share, but people thirst for simplicity with all the info out there.
  • Topics - the need to have a continual flow of good topics. I have an entire list I haven't written about yet, but all I can do sometimes is get the name of the topic written down on my to do list and I get back to it when I can.
  • Guest Writers - The Senior Nudger wrote up four entries about one topic. I'm figuring out a way to post them in a meaningful way on Nudge Village. Do I post them four days in a row? Do I spread them out for once a week? Do I provide them under a special tab? These are all important questions.
  • Nudgers are a nudging - slowly but surely, people are starting to send out "nudges" on Facebook in the group and in the "like" page. So, we'll see how this builds over time.
  • Automatic - I'm going to set some things up so that content goes out all week even if I have a busy day job week. For example, if I can write up 4-5 daily nudges on Saturday, I can use the date/time feature to decide when they are shown to the audience. So, one can go out daily even if I'm not online. Pretty cool. However, probably won't go out further than that because what if I died - it would be a bit creepy to see posts coming from me weeks after my death. Yikes. Off this topic.
  • Video - I'm excited to use more video soon, but only in areas where it will help the content. Such a powerful tool when used correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment